GridSouth Networks Colocation FAQ
Consistent with GridSouth's Over-engineered™ network and server standards we use Cisco gear throughout our datacenter infrastructure. GridSouth carries a complete inventory of hardware which enables us to provide instant upgrades and maintenance on all customer configurations.
- Can GridSouth provide customized colocation configurations?
- Yes, GridSouth Networks can provide your business with colocation solutions that meet your specifications. Whether you need firewall services, specialized networking gear or specialized power needs, our team will develop a solution to your exact specifications.
- What options can be added to a colocation plan?
- GridSouth Networks can customize colocation plans by adding options like KVM Over IP, Virtual Firewall Services, Outbound Email Filtering and Reproting, DNS services, SPAM and Virus Filtering and other services.
- Does GridSouth Networks back their service with an SLA?
- Yes. GridSouth Networks colocation services are backed by a 100% uptime SLA covering hardware and network infrastructure.
- What services are included with a GridSouth colocation plan?
- In addition to the expected services (rack space, conditioned power, battery backup and bandwidth), GridSouth Networks over-engineers™ each colocation plan providing the customer with the tools necessary to completely manage their servers. Some of these features include realtime Netflow monitoring and reporting, realtime bandwidth usage, private dedicated 100 Mbps, 1000 Mbps or 10,000 Mbps connections, basic Intrusion Prevention and remote power management with remote reboot. All of these services are included at no additional cost.
- Does GridSouth Networks charge a setup fee?
- GridSouth Networks only charges a setup fee for configurations that are billed on a month-to-month basis. Setup fees are waived for all annual subscriptions. Setup fees may be charged for certain specialty software or for more advanced configurations. In all cases, any setup fees will be disclosed prior to the provisioning of service.
- How long does it take to provision colocation services?
- For most standard configurations, GridSouth Networks can provision colocation services within 24 hours or less. For custom configurations, provisioning could take up to 3 business days.
- Does GridSouth Networks offer backup services?
- Yes. GridSouth Networks offers two ways for you to backup your dedicated server. Data can be backed up to our NAS system or we can configure a completely redundant hot standby server at one of our other data centers. Backing data up to our NAS is billed per GB per month. Pricing for a redundant hot standby server vary depending upon the dedicated server plan chosen and typically add about 125% to the monthly cost.
- How does GridSouth Networks handle technical support?
- GridSouth Networks does not oursource technical support. Customers have direct access to our Technical Support Team 24 x 7 x 365. Our on-line ticketing system is used to track and manage all support requests. Customers can expect a response to all tickets within the time indicated in their SLA.
- Can customers install their own software licenses?
- Yes. GridSouth Networks will install and configure the appropriate Windows Server software on each server. We then work with the customer to install the requested software. Customers installing their own software licenses are responsible for configuring and managing that software.
- Does GridSouth Networks offer monthly licensing options?
- Yes. As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner and SPLA Licensing provider, GridSouth Networks can offer a variety of cost-effective licensing options for most popular Microsoft software an operating systems.
- Why are some providers less costly?
- GridSouth Networks is committed to providing over-engineered™ equipment backed by Over-engineered™ Technical Support. Our colocation solutions are a complete package that provides everything needed for superior performance and maximum uptime. Most other providers set a low price and then charge for every added feature. In addition, other providers often provision dated hardware. GridSouth Networks does not. Our hardware is factory-direct and we provide a complete package for one upfront and easy-to-understand price.