GridSouth Networks Fully Managed Services
GridSouth Networks offers a range of fully managed services designed to allow businesses to focus on what they do best. Wikipedia defines managed services as "the practice of transferring day-to-day related management responsibility as a strategic method for improved effective and efficient operations inclusive of Production Support and lifecycle build/maintenance activities. The person or organization who owns or has direct oversight of the organization or system being managed is referred to as the offer-er, client, or customer. The person or organization that accepts and provides the managed service is regarded as the service provider."
A Managed Service Provider (MSP) is an "information technology (IT) services provider, who manages and assumes responsibility for providing a defined set of services to their clients either proactively or as they (not the client) determine that the services are needed. Most MSPs bill an upfront setup or Transition and an ongoing flat or near-fixed monthly fee, which benefits their clients by providing them with predictable IT support costs."
Typically, a managed service is defined as a server or group of servers (or other services such as Internet bandwidth) that meet the following criteria:
- The server(s) or service is not shared with anyone else
- The server(s) or service is initially configured and provisioned by the service provider
- The hardware and operating system software needed to provide the core service is owned and managed by the service provider
- The service provider houses the required equipment in one or more data centers
- Customers lease the provided service(s) on a monthly basis
- A Service Agreement defines the type, term and monthly cost of the service provided
- The service provider manages and maintains all operating systems once installed
- The service provider owns, installs, configures, manages and maintains all needed applications
- The service provider manages data backup services if purchased by the customer
- A Service Level Agreement (SLA) defines customer service and support expectations
Fully managed services are ideal for organizations that do not have the necessary technical expertise to manage their applications or infrastructure. Managed services leverage the technical expertise of the service provider giving customers access to a higher level of expertise than they would otherwise. A broader overview of "Managed Services" can be found at Wikipedia.
Our Sales Team will be happy to answer any questions you might have regarding our fully managed services.