Cloud Web Hosting FAQ
Consistent with GridSouth's Over-engineered™ network and server standards we use Dell servers for all shared and dedicated hosting accounts. GridSouth carries a complete inventory of Dell server hardware which enables us to provide instant upgrades and maintenance on all customer configurations.
- Can GridSouth provide customized cloud web hosting configurations?
- Yes, GridSouth Networks can provide your business with shared hosting solutions that meet your specifications. Whether you need specialized software, database services
or other customizations, our team will develop a solution to your exact specifications so long as the request is supported by the server platform.
- What options can be added to a cloud web hosting plan?
- GridSouth Networks can customize a shared plan by adding options like MySQL, MS SQL, Email w/ Web access, ColdFusion and more. In addition, our technical staff will work with you to make sure your Web site performs as expected.
- I want to move my Web site to GridSouth but don't know what to do. Can GridSouth help?
- Yes. Our technical support team will guide you through the steps necessary to move your hosting to GridSouth Networks. In most cases, we can gather the necessary information and handle the rest of the details for you. We will configure and test your new service and make sure everything is functional prior to directing traffic to your newly hosted site. Most new customers are thrilled by the simplicity of the process and the level of support provided by GridSouth Networks.
- Does GridSouth Networks back their service with an SLA?
- Yes. GridSouth Networks shared hosting plans are backed by a 100% uptime SLA covering hardware and network infrastructure.
- What services are included with a GridSouth shared hosting plan?
- In addition to the expected services (control panel management, LiveStats and superior performance), GridSouth Networks over-engineers™ each shared hosting plan providing the customer with the tools necessary to completely manage their Web site(s). Some of these features include a dedicated IP address for each hosted site, complete service management through our customized control panel, the ability to manage and install SSL certificates and more. All of these services are included at no additional cost.
- Does GridSouth Networks charge a setup fee?
- GridSouth Networks only charges a setup fee for configurations that are billed on a month-to-month basis. Setup fees are waived for all annual subscriptions. Setup fees may be charged for certain specialty software. In all cases, any setup fees will be disclosed prior to the provisioning of service.
- How long does it take to provision A cloud web hosting plan?
- For most standard configurations, GridSouth Networks can provision shared hosting within 15 minutes or less. For custom configurations, provisioning could take up to 1 business day.
- Does GridSouth Networks offer backup services?
- Yes. GridSouth Networks backups up all cloud web hosting data and retains a rolling 14 day backup. GridSouth Networks does charge a data resoration fee and expects customers to be diligent in keeping a backup of their data in their possession.
- How does GridSouth Networks handle technical support?
- GridSouth Networks does not oursource technical support. Customers have direct access to our Technical Support Team 24 x 7 x 365. Our on-line ticketing system is used to track and manage all support. Customers can expect a response to all tickets within the timeframe outlined in their support contract.
- Can customers install their own software on their shared hosting service?
- Yes provided the software is approved by our technical support team. GridSouth Networks will test and then install and configure your software. Should our technical support team determine that the requested software is unsuitable for a shared hosting environment, they will work with you to recommend an appropriate alternative.
- Why does GridSouth is more costly than other providers?
- GridSouth Networks is committed to providing over-engineered™ equipment backed by over-engineered™ technical support. Our cloud web hosting solutions are a complete package that provide everything needed for superior performance and maximum uptime. Most other providers set a low price and then charge for every added feature. In addition, other providers often provision dated hardware and provide little or no technical support. GridSouth Networks does not. Our hardware is factory-direct and we provide a complete package for one upfront and easy-to-understand price.